Updates and musings from one momma nurse

Followers

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stretched

Encountered some potentially challenging things in the last few weeks.
-First transgender person I've ever met
-Youngish patient with new diagnosis of probable metastasized cancer

..Thought there were more, but can't think of them at the moment.

We took a vacation down to see R's family; I will have to post more about that (with pics, promise!) another time.

I start my first clinical this week. I'm on a Med/Surg floor, similar to the one on which I work. I'm excited and nervous, all rolled up into one!

2 comments:

  1. I did not know you met someone transgender. Though it really isn't deadly and horrible as cancer. I think it would be fascinating if they were a transman because they're so much less common. I hope they have an OK hospital experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not deadly and horrible, just new for me, and depending where he was in the process, could have implications in his care.

    Ended up being one of those things where had I not known, I maybe wouldn't have guessed.

    Is transman woman to man?

    ReplyDelete