Updates and musings from one momma nurse

Followers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Watch out for those wild animals.

(I have several pictures to upload, but that will have to wait for another day.)

Little old lady, confused as all get out, has recently had surgery and persists in climbing out of bed and attempting to leave the room/floor/building. Because wild animals are about to come in, and she is going to bleed to death, and everyone is trying to kill her.

We discuss safety. We discuss a need to heal. Reorienting only helps for about 20 seconds at a time, and then she is hollering my name again.

I redirect little old lady back to bed. Again.

She looks up at me and says, "What happened? I thought you were my friend!"

"I'm not your friend. I am your nurse. Those two don't always overlap."

No comments:

Post a Comment