Updates and musings from one momma nurse

Followers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Busy Busy!

What a week it has been! This is the first time I've had my computer on since Tuesday. Three days offline must be some sort of record for me! :)

Between babysitting, classes, job orientation and training, interviews, choir practice, and studying for exams, I just haven't had time to turn the computer on!

I started at my new job (at the assisted living place) this week. It is not difficult work, and the clients are friendly. I am working tonight, and will be on my own for the first time (the last two nights I've been training with someone).

I had an interview at the hospital yesterday. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I did think it went well. I will be job shadowing next week.

I had my first practical exam in anatomy this morning. Scores are not up, but I am feeling confident. There were only a few questions I wasn't 100% sure about, and even those weren't shots in the dark.

I also met with my advisor this week to make sure I'm on track to apply for the accelerated program this year. She said I'm doing great! She told me all the deadlines I need to know for the application process. I will turn in the application and essay by the beginning of February, and then they will call people for interviews. I asked if they notified people even if they hadn't been chosen for an interview, and she said, "You WILL be called for an interview. Don't even worry about it. But yes, we send them letters." I knew I liked that advisor. :)

After the interviews, they will choose eight for the program. EIGHT! Therefore, I will also be applying for the regular nursing program, just in case.

I'm sure there's more I intended to update about, but it has all escaped me.

I should start tidying up the house anyway; the in-laws will be here tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. in-laws are half the reason i want to stay single. noise is the other half. :) well, gotta fit in cohabitation too! they staying long?

    it's nice to know you're on track, isn't it. i just got a visit from the super helpful teacher today thanking me for doing what she suggested and told me things should be fine. she's pretty much exactly like susan, actually. i've been trying to figure it out since school started.

    ReplyDelete